AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Collective Timeline
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Chin
Site Admin

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: 1985 Reply with quote

Post your memories from the year 1985 here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Lindsey Drake

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the snow. I was 5 years old, and we got 14" in San Antonio. We made a snowman and found yellow snow in the back yard.

Great fun!
Marcy Cox Hogan

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think it was in '85 that we [my family and I] took a trip to the US (at the time we were all living in Chile) to visit my Aunt Marcie and we went to DisneyLand... I remember she gave me THE coolest necklace (sadly, I have no clue what happened to it) and poor Jenny (then only 2-3) wearing one of those harness/leash things for kids while in the airport so she wouldn't wander off... haha

I also remember standing in line for one ride and seeing someone dressed as the Big Bad Wolf and yelling at him in Spanish about how mean he was and then realizing he probably couldn't understand me (although looking at the Hispanic population in California now, maybe s/he did...?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Class Year *
Cristina L. Cox

Class of 1995

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trip was later, '87 or so, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

I remember Aunt Marcie explaining to us that a cheeseburger was a hamburger with cheese, and they called it a cheeseburger because it was a burger with cheese, when we stopped at McDonald's after she picked us up from the airport.

I'll never forget all four of us sitting in the backseat as Mom and Aunt Marcie yakked on and on, trying to catch up on 15+ years of not seeing each other, and me trying to tell Mom that the expander the dentist had put on my teeth a few weeks ago had popped out of place with the first bite of the Dots gumdrops Aunt Marcie tossed to us... the wire was digging into my cheek, and I was trying to be very polite as I mumbled "Mom... Mom... excuse me, Mom..."

My birthday fell during that trip, and Cherry 7Up has been my favorite drink since then because that's what Aunt Marcie served us with my birthday cake.

And yes, Aunt Marice had the coolest jewelry - that big, gaudy, bright-colored '80s big fat plastic beads jewelry. When she took us to the mall I bought a bracelet that I know I still had after we moved up here in '91... couldn't tell you where it is now, but I did hold on to it for quite a while (longer than I should admit).

And who can forget little Moose "diving" off Grammy and Grandpa's porch/dock into the lake (Lake Travis?) and barely being able to keep his little Shi-Tzu (sp?) nose above water, then looking like an anorexic drowned rat after one of the uncles jumped in to rescue him.
Marcy Cox Hogan

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it an uncle or was it Grampa?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Class Year *
Kevin Parker

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: 1985 Reply with quote

1985 was the year I graduated from AHS. The main thing I remember is that I was in the play To Kill a Mockingbird--played the sherriff Heck Tate. That Fall, after a bittersweet Summer, I went off to Austin College in Sherman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Collective Timeline All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: