Forum Index
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annick (Souhami) Beaudet

Class of 1987

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Fate Reply with quote

Well, the 20 year invitation must have been mistaken for junk mail and tossed in the recycle bin....I found it weather battered by the back door last week....I guess I'm supposed to go to the reunion!

Found this site, funny catching up with folks, I remember everyone like it was yesterday. In some ways it feels like 20 years and in others it doesn't. I've run into some 87 folks and a lot of 84-86 folks over the years.

I stayed in Austin, and after punk rock and college I became a jock and became a fanatic triathlete for about 10 years. Made it to Worlds in 1994 and finally did Ironman in 2004....then quit. Through cycling I met my wonderful husband and we have 7 year old, Nicolas, who can tear it up at the 9th Street BMX jump park. Now I only race bikes and ride for the Bicycle Sport Shop in local and regional races.

I became an urban planner and have worked in the private sector and for the City of Austin. Recently I returned to the City and am a project manager with the public works department, I handle all bicycle and some pedestrian projects...a perfect fit!

Here is news on the AHS folks I've run into over the years:

1. Melissa (Hehmsoth) Dodson is a PHd, married, with 2 girls, working at UT.

2. Chris Levack, successful artist, lives in Austin after many years in Chicago, married, 2 daughters

3. Silke, well she was too kind in her post and didn't brag about her running prowess...have seen her at the start line of many 5k and 10K races and she is fast!

4. Patti Thorn, recently moved from Austin, recently married and has a new baby, she was a hair dresser in Austin for many years.

5. Sarah England, PHd in Anthropology, teaches at a private Buddist college in California, has 3 children (one who's middle name is Annick!).

6. Alex (Colburn) Robinette, architect and totally awesome national level mountain and road bike racer. She just had her first child last year and is not riding so much, but made a showing at a race a few weeks ago, and she still got it!

7. John D. Holmes, lawyer, ran into him while I worked at a law firm for a few years...he works and Freescale.

Well, that's all I can remember for now, I'll post other tidbits as they come to me.

Au revoir, Annick
Andrew Chin
Site Admin

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the news... if you're still in touch with the Maroons you mentioned, please let them know about this site!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Class of 1987 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: