AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Collective Timeline
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letha (Green) McGee

Class of 1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: 1980 and beyond Reply with quote

Heh, don't get me started on Reagan and the Bush2 fiasco, Ellie. I could go on for days. Reaganomics was what started me on the path to lobbying and political activism. For that I guess I owe RR a debt of gratitude. <smirk>

Suffice it to say that when Reagan was first elected, I felt like the aristocracy would be descending on us and putting us poor peons into our place. And so it went. And so it still goes.

Anyway, if you're ever in Austin (or the Dallas area) I'll meet ya and buy you a beer so we can commiserate.

Letha
p.s. Did we know each other in high school? If not, that's a shame. Sounds like we would have had a lot to talk about!
Tim Cook

Class of 1982

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zilker Park, under the tree, candles and singing. Jeff, David and I (our own little "band") mourning the loss. That's got to be the most vivid memory of '80.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Class Year *
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Collective Timeline All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: