AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Dragons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eleanor Simons

Class of 1981

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Red Dragons Reply with quote

Are there any former Red Dragons out there?
I am really proud of having been a Red Dragon. I was in the club from 1977 through 1981. I was the Reporter Historian in 79-80, and the Vice President in 80-81. I have some fond memories of my fellow Red Dragons. Smile

ellie
Andrew Chin
Site Admin

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I helped hammer together some flats for "Dracula" in 1983 and attended a couple of cast parties, but can't claim to have ever been a Dragon. Quite a few have registered here, though -- maybe they'll chime in as the months pass...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Marcia (Wade) Cannon

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Dracula Reply with quote

That was a great set! I loved the idea of Dracula always being in the room even if he was off stage. I stuck with building sets and helping backstage - I found that I was physically ill if I was onstage Embarassed !!!
I remember a really great Red Dragon party one year - it was a combination Valentine's Day and Friday the 13th red and black party.
Lenicia Kinney Gordon

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Red Dragons! Reply with quote

Hey, I am a former Red Dragon! I remember Dracula well...although that was the show already in progress when I arrived at Austin High. My friend Mike Frisbie was Dracula....

I played Cindy Lu Who in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and an ingenue in Charlie's Aunt...then it seems I remember doing the Importance of Being Earnest....What I mainly remember about Drama was the drama behind the scenes....what a GREAT time we all had!

My grandfather, Girard Kinney, was also a former Red Dragon Player back when the campus was on 12th Street!

Last edited by Lenicia Kinney Gordon on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew Chin
Site Admin

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An announcement from Mrs. Dragoo to Red Dragon alumni:

100 Years of Theatre

One of the things the Theatre Department is doing to celebrate our theatre heritage is refurbishing the theatre scrapbooks that have been in the AHS Archives. As you can imagine, the old scrapbooks are falling apart and are not acid free. We are trying to create an accurate record of every year theatre has been in existence at AHS. However, we do not have any photos of theatre productions many years. If you have any photos and would like to donate them to be put in an acid free scrapbook, please send them Mr. or Mrs. Dragoo in the AHS Theatre Department. We need photos and memorabilia on the following years: 1964-65, 1965-66, 1967-68, 1973-74, 1978-79, 1980-81, 1991-92, and 1992-93. We also need photos or programs from the years 1908-1940.

All scrapbooks will be on display at Dedication Day this year.

Mrs. and Mrs. Dragoo can be reach at 414-7311 or bdragoo@austinisd.org, adragoo@austinisd.org

Annie Dragoo
Theatre Director
Austin High School
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Michael Gottschall

Class of 1997

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mrs. and Mrs. Dragoo can be reach at...

^LOL, that should read "Mr. and Mrs. Dragoo" Razz
Michael Marks

Class of 1996

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I thought maybe Billy finally had that operation.
Wink
Deirdre Bloch Barlaz

Class of 1976

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: red dragons on facebook Reply with quote

Hi All. Julie Hall (1978) has started a facebook group to try to find former red dragons. spread the word. listed under Stephen F. Austin High School Red Dragons. Thanks, Deirdre Bloch Barlaz (1976)
Eleanor Simons

Class of 1981

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Red Dragons Reply with quote

Wow! I will check out the Red Dragons on Facebook. It would be so neat to see some of my old buddies there.

ellie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Drama All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: