AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who else is registered?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blair Newberry

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Keeping up! Reply with quote

Helloooooo out there in cyberspace...
I live in Austin - recently divorced, have a precious 2 year old boy named Carson Ford Jones. I changed my name back to Newberry recently too.

In May I bought Sparks cards and gifts at 1014 W. 6th Street. If you have never been there shame on you! It has been in Austin for 16 years now (next to Amy's Ice Cream). I am renovating it and having a big [Sweet Sixteen] Party on Saturday, October 1, 7-10 p.m. ALL are welcome!!

We need to have a 15 yr reunion next year - something really laid back and EASY. Any ideas?

Dal and Katie - what was that about me losing a yearbook or something? Wasn't me...[/img][/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Nicholas Garofalo

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Sparks Reply with quote

I love that store! That is one thing that's so different about Houston. You would think that there would be some place like that in a city so huge, but that's not true.
Dal Latsha

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Newberry Reply with quote

Hey Blair,
I thought you lost your yearbook at La Zona Rosa the night of our reunion. Guess I thought wrong, well I should be used to that after 33 years. Anyway, I'll try and stop by the card shop to see your wares. Hope it's going well.
Dal
Dal Latsha

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Newberry Reply with quote

Hey Blair,
I thought you lost your yearbook at La Zona Rosa the night of our reunion. Guess I thought wrong, well I should be used to that after 33 years. Anyway, I'll try and stop by the card shop to see your wares. Hope it's going well.
Dal
Erin Hanna Hart

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm finally on the band wagon here. Anyway, here's my life in a nutshell: I went to SFA in Nacogdoches for 2 1/2 years before deciding that college just wasn't for me. I met my first husband there and moved to The Woodlands. After about three years of marriage, we got divorced. I stayed in The Woodlands and met my second husband at The Woodlands Country Club where we both worked (I was a waitress, he was in golf services). We got married in 2000, and we have two beautiful little girls named Mary Katherine(Kathy,3) and Carly Anne,2. I finally hung up my waitressing shoes this past summer, and I work at a church nursery, where I can bring my kids with me. My husband, Darren, has moved up the ladder and is now an assistant golf pro, working to get his class A certification so that he can get a head pro position.
Sara Galindo

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! I noticed most of my WAYA softball teammates are on here!

For starters, I tried college for a while, decided I wanted to be a hairstylist and went to hairschool in Austin. In 1997, I moved to San Francisco and eventually settled down in Oakland! No husband or children, but that is in the works. I have a wonderful boyfriend name Josh Rosenthal and our "children" are two cats and one giant lap dog. We plan on getting married in the next couple of years and hopefully have babies A.S.A.P!

I'm still playing softball on a co-ed team in Berkeley and we really kickbutt! Other fun things I like to do: sail on the picturesque S.F. Bay, perform in a dance troop, an avid collector of anything from the Art Deco Era, I own 1936 Chevrolet and currently, I am involved with an all female investment club.

It is really wonderful to see you guys are doing well and I'm sorry I didn't find this Forum sooner. Maybe, for the 20 year reunion. (Yikes!)
Ben Kimball

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Katie, you look exactly the same as I remember from 15 years ago. Smile

I stuck around after graduation, attended UT for a while, left and started a successful career doing web development. Now I'm back taking classes, this time just for fun.

Found you guys through facebook.com; there's an AHS group there too.

Loyal Forever!
Ben
ben cannatti

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Who else registered - 3 years later Reply with quote

Better late than never, right?
I just came across the AustinHigh dot org the other day and couldn't resist looking up the class of '91. Gosh amighty - there's no chance of thinking we're all still 17 and 18 anymore - kids - twins in some cases. Wow.

I was lucky enough to graduate in '91, despite being somewhat challenged by geometry - who was our great teacher Ashley?

Graduated from Boston College 4 years later with a degree in advanced reading - also known as political science. Spent the next 5 years working on political campaigns both outside, in and around Texas until relocating for work and a girl (actually a girl and work) to Alexandria, VA/Washington, DC in July 2000 where I've been since.

Got married in June '01 (which is why I missed the 10 year), to the girl mentioned above, and have been planning on moving back to Austin ever since. Hasn't quite worked out that way, but it's been all good just the same.

We have 2 beautiful kids, a 3 year old daughter Ryan, and 18 month old boy Andrew. Couldn't stop there though - God willing come August '07 - we'll be welcoming two more baby boys to the DC Cannatti family. A growing little family - lots of fun.

That about rounds out the toplines of my life since walking across Burger Center stage almost 16 years ago. There are lots of other great ups, downs, and stories in between - but by God's good grace I've done ok - despite a few too many drinks throughout highschool and college - and now am mostly a respectable member of society.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Class Year *
Ryan J. Shih

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll be the first to write something in 2008.

Anyway, I graduated in 1991 with the rest of you all but was young and foolish back then. I went to West Point and graduated in 1995. Went in the Army like everyone else but did spend 4 years in Hawaii out of my 5-year stint. Also learned to fly helicopters along the way so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

I then went to Stanford Law School and found that I was never really going to amount to much as a lawyer, especially with a C+ on a B+ curve in Constitutional Law. I did practice law for a year, just enough to be dangerous and then went into investment banking. Recently I left investment banking and I'm currently a partner in a private equity firm based in our Hong Kong office.

I spend most of these days traveling around Asia, mostly Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and China looking for investment opportunities. Occasionally I make it to London, NY or CA (about once a quarter). If anyone is out here, feel free to give me a holler.

Best,

Ryan Very Happy
bay tran

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Bay Tran Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

Ryan, do you remember me? I was Yen's brother. Great to see everyone is healthy and well. My life story is
I tried college after 91 but I could not find it in myself to finish. I got into computers and started working for the man. I still work for the man but I just started a hosting/managed services company called Colossal consulting. Man do I feel old when I visit this site but I sure feel blessed to still be here. I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful 3 year old now and am looking forward to the 20th.

God Bless and take care til 2011!
[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Class Year *
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Class of 1991 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: