AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Around Austin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maria Reyes

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Around Austin Reply with quote

I was just wondering what was going on around Austin over Christmas Break that would be worth the time and money. Any good concerts/shows/plays coming to town? oh and by the way good luck on finals to all!
Jenny Cox

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: mr sinus christmas show Reply with quote

hey i just got an email from my sister telling me that Mr Sinus Theatre is having a Christmas show this month. These guys are supposed to be HILARIOUS, though i've never seen a show. sources tell me they're also going to serve milk and cookies while they do their thing, so that seems worth it to me!
http://www.drafthouse.com/downtown/frames.asp
thats the site to check for dates and stuff. and of course there's always the TRAIL OF LIGHTS!!! I woke up this morning and thought about it and got really excited to go home soon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Class Year *
Marcy Cox Hogan

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Jenny! I'm excited about the xmas show. =)

btw, I also recently heard about a supposedly really awesome xmas lights display place that's off I-35 between Austin and San Marcos. I can't remember the name of the place, but it's something along the lines of a ranch or something. I guess it's like the trail of lights but cooler. Apparently you can see the bright lights from the highway. Might be worth checking out.

ps- sorry to "butt in" to a different class board. =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Class Year *
Qing Liu

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcy Cox wrote:
Yay Jenny!
Big sister?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Lauren Bettinger

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcy and Jenny,

I think it's called "Santa's Ranch" and it's on the right side of the highway if you're driving towards San Antonio. I'm pretty sure it's not open very late though, but I've only seen it in passing. It's closer to San Marcos than Austin... that's all I know.

Hope everyone enjoys their holidays and I hope to see many of you!

Lauren

P.S- Don't forget the beautiful lights in Johnson City!
Jenny Cox

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: indeed Reply with quote

Yes Qing, Marcy's my big sister WHO'S GETTING MARRIED JAN 3RD!!! To another AHS alumn, the dear Zach Hogan...anyways, thanks Lauren for the info on Santa's Ranch! So much to see in the Austin-area! woo-hoo its so great to be home... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Class Year *
Qing Liu

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny: Hiyas!

Marcy: Congratulations! I had actually just heard from Cohlmia that you are getting married.

-----
Yes, I am still a dork and yes, I still visit Cohlmia when I'm in town.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Class of 2002 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: