AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aloha!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carolyn Viscardi-Anderson

Class of 1990

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Aloha! Reply with quote

Aloha Class of 1990!

My husband, Jeff Anderson(class of 1981), and I moved to Hawaii in Jan. 2002. FYI: visiting Hawaii may be Paradise, but after living here 2 years, we have come to realize : "There's no place like home!" We are looking forward to moving back to Austin, Texas this summer.
One good thing has come of this move... and that's having our 1st born here: Andrew Hood Anderson 11-13-02.

Aloha!
Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas) and Happy New Year!

Carolyn Viscardi-Anderson
formerly Viscardi-Bieter
Brienne Diebolt-Brown

Class of 1991

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Hawaii Reply with quote

I know how you feel. I lived in Lahaina, Maui for a year. Hated the tourists for making it so hard to live there, hated having to work 60 hours a week in order to enjoy a night or weekend out, missed taking long road trips (serious island fever), and despised the airlines for making it so hard to leave and see my folks. There's more, but why whine?
I went to Prague before Christmas and recognized that same local animosity toward the foreigners and the tourists. They just wanted to live in peace and felt resentful that their little gemstone of a town was being exploited. OK, so maybe this hasn't been your experience in Oahu. But, deep down, don't you feel guilty for not liking paradise as much as you "should"? I did. Have a great trip home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Class of 1990 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: