AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Teachers' Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leyla Cohlmia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Yes, I am still in room 157 with windows. Yes, I am still teaching and learning chemistry!!! Andrew, thanks for this site. LAC Very Happy
Dennis Reyna

Class of 2003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow keep up the good teaching! I used to play on the computers in your room when I was a sophomore. Thanks for the memories!

Dennis Reyna UT freshman

Last edited by Dennis Reyna on Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Michael Marks

Class of 1996

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows?

Windows!?

Windows!?!?!
Lindsey Drake

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the windows are definitely a step up from the room you had my year.
Kira Haydon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms Cohlmia!
I miss AP Chem so much...I have never seen any of this stuff in my Chemistry class now. I made a big mistake and registered for a Chemistry class at UT for Chem/Biochem majors only. What is this stuff??!! It is so difficult! I'm about to make it through, so I will be coming to visit you at AHS really soon! Have fun with your classes (it was always my most interesting class of the day)!
Kira
Kara Harris Norris

Class of 1993

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!! Yes, I don't remember windows being in the chem-com room either!

Glad to hear you're still there... My sister Stacia Harris Price was in your class for Chemistry. I had you and maybe my cousins Wroe Jackson, Kaylea Babel and Kathlyn Babel had you, too?!

Take Care.
Qing Liu

Class of 2002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like I didn't just see you yesterday, but hi. Smile

P.S. - there are plants in the windows too. Natural light = good. But the back of the room looks like a face now, especially with the ventilator thing in the middle (for keeping smelly chemicals).

P.P.S. - Andrew, how do I attach pictures from my computer? I don't want to have to upload somewhere else and then link to it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
christopher l corsbie

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Leyla, are the honors classes still 95% plus white, it was a shock coming back to teach for a year in 96-97 after graduating in 85. Talked with Brian Schenk the other day. Wishing you well.
512-448-0811
Doctoral Student, UT Austin
Language for Special purposes
CALICO
Democratic Party
Austin Sailing Society
Barton Heights Hoot Steering Committee
Every 2nd Sat. at 1701 Collier
Adam Chalkley

Class of 1988

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Greetings from the Middle East Reply with quote

Ms. Cohlmia-
I got introduced to this site from an old AHS friend. It's great to hear you're still teaching. I think the last time we saw each other was just before we moved to Japan. After three and a half years there, getting deployed all over Asia, the Marine Corps sent me here. I've been in the Kuwait area since December and expect to rotate back to the States in June. My wife Brandy, whom I introduced to you, and our daughter Madelyn are already back in Texas waiting for my return. Brandy is pregnant again and is due in August. Things here have been interesting, exciting and professionally rewarding. But I do miss my ladies. Any former students of yours that joined the military that you want me to keep an eye out for? Keep my brother Marines in your prayers. Say hello to Coach Henry for me. I think someone is going to upload a recent picture of me returning from a security mission up north. It may end up in the Class of '88 section. Hope you like it. Take care.

Maj Adam Chalkley, USMC
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
AHS Class of '88

PS: Howdy out there to all the other Maroons reconnecting with friends. Keep it up.
Frank Jannuzi

Class of 1982

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they say here in Baltimore, How are you, Hon?

Haven't seen you since I came back for Schenk's retirement party. Long time -- glad to know you are still teaching.

Thanks so much for letting me miss class to put the Maroon newspaper to bed, for teaching me stoichiometry (I can't spell it, but I can still do it...), force-feeding me the periodic table, and most of all just helping all of us through those difficult high school years.

My brother Buell and I both ended up marrying geneticists working on fruit flies -- what are the odds of that?? Buell of course is married to Alison Lowell (AHS '80), and they live out in Tucson with their boys Brigg and Barnes, with Buell star gazing at Kitt Peak Observatory and Alison working in a lab at UofA. I'm in Baltimore with wife Jennifer Martin, a Hopkins PhD in Biology and way smarter than me (and better looking, but that goes without saying). We have two daughters, Zoe and Camille. I work for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, but got to use a little chemistry last January when I traveled to North Korea to take a peak at their Plutonium reprocessing facility. All that chemistry actually came in handy as I tried to get a handle on how spent Uranium fuel rods could be processed to yield plutonium alloy.

Don't know if I would have survived AHS without you, Maggie, and Tom P. You're the best.
Frank Jannuzi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Teachers' Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: