AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Teachers' Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin M. Eby

Class of 1997

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Ms. Cohlmia Reply with quote

Hey there! I sure do have some fond memories of Ms. Cohlmia's class. I remember I was in Chem Com or Chemistry in the Community, we had a very nice mix of students, it wasn't just preps. But I remember the field trip we took that year to the two water treatment plants. Plus to this day I still remember how hard I had to study for her final exam, I must've rechecked my test for errors 3 or 4 times! Now, here it is 2004 and it seems like way to much time has passed since then. Oh yea I also remember the cookie baking contest where Ms. Cohlmia told us she knew how to tell if your cookies were pre-made. I still remember little Thomas ?? Brownlow I think won the contest with his chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, god I was jealous! LOL! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay and Mark, I still think of you everytime I see Brighton Beach Memores. Also, congratulations on getting married!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Zach Hogan

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Where the windows accidental? Reply with quote

Hi All,

So my immediate question is "was the window addition in the chemistry room intended? Or accidental?" I remember doing one particular experiment involving dry ice and a coke bottle with Mrs Cohlmia ... I repeated it several years later and blew off multiple planks of my GFs step-dads fence. Luckily no one important was seriously hurt in that incident.

Layla -- Hope I can catch up with you again next time I am in town. Keep teaching those kids to think inside the beaker. And challenge them like heck so they can understand the world and then change it. Married life is swell and Cali is grand. Thanks for everything,

Zach
George Howell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Cohlmia!

Just wanted to say hi!
I left Austin (KXAN), and now work in Seattle, WA as an anchor/reporter. I'm loving it here, but I miss the BBQ and queso back in Austin! It's a wonderful city, and I work for a great station.

Good ole' Austin High Headlines ended up paying off for me!

Next time I'm in Austin, I'll make it a point to drop by your class.

Hope things continue to go well for you!

George Howell
KOMO-TV 4, Seattle (ABC)
JERRY DUFFY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: THINKIN OF LARRY Reply with quote

WONDERING HOW YOUR DOING. gpduffy68@verizon.net
Cathleen Padden

Class of 1998

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a band director, you'd think I'd never have to do chemistry again, but I can't tell you how many of my student's I've tutored to pass. Having not had chemistry since your class about ten years ago, I'm amazed how well it's stuck with me. I thank you, and so do my band kids!
Beau Wells

Class of 1997

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Congrats Kelli (George) Reply with quote

I just noticed today that Kelli aka George is now part of CNN.

Congratulations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Teachers' Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: