AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still kicking here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Teachers' Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel Rouw

Class of 1999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Castano!!!
This is Rachel Rouw. I'm sure you remember me, I'm the kid with the ugly dog that lived down the street from you when you lived on Del Curto.

You were such a great teacher and I always enjoyed your class. Amazingly enough, with as bad as I was with Spanish in high school, I went on to do well with it in college, but I'm now focusing my foreign language skills on Czech.

Oh, and do you still have the Mickey Mouse ears?
Melinda (Wilcox) Radley

Class of 1996

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Hola Señor! Reply with quote

Wow, it is so good to hear that you are around and doing well! (At least 2 years ago when you posted this...) I am sure you remember me; I am probably the only person that took your Spanish IV not once but twice and still managed not to be able to speak Spanish a bit! Well, I guess that's not true, I surprised myself in Cancun during senior trip. It seems that when I am inebriated the language tends to roll out with less resistance Very Happy . Maybe I should have tried that in your class? Actually, you helped me place out of my first four hours of Spanish credit in college. You truly are a “grammar god”! I continued to study to no avail. I made it to the 300 level in college and was two classes away from being able to declare a minor…can you believe that? However, I remember praying that if I could just make it out of History and Civilization with a passing grade I would never take another Spanish class in my life and I have held true to my promise!
I hope you are well and I wanted to say thank you for being such a wonderful teacher. My days at AHS were filled with such quality education and I am truly better for it. Stay cool and stay fun. By the way, is it still FREEZING in your class? Maybe you could consider handing out abrigos to your students?
Manuel L Castaño

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: ¡Hasta la vista gente! Reply with quote

Señor Castaño wrote:
Graduation finally came for the old Señor. I am now retired, walking my Yorkie Sofía, and playing golf. I would still love to hear from any of you. Look for me out in the real world now.
mlcastano@yahoo.com Very Happy
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Teachers' Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: