AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Collective Timeline
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Chin
Site Admin

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: 1981 Reply with quote

Post your memories from the year 1981 here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Staci Davis

Class of 1984

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reagan Shot Reply with quote

Reagan was shot. Who was it that made the announcemet over the PA? Was it Kinkle? I remember there was some applause and our teacher was appauled! I believe I was in Government class, Appropriate!

Also, wasn't '81 the year of the flood, the Memorial Day Flood? My older brother Steven was a hero that night. He saved about 4 families from the roofs of their flooding homes in a tiny boat through torrential currents. Two people died on our block. Our block sustained more damage than any other part of town. Around 17 houses were destroyed that night and never rebuilt. All my childhood friends and the families for whom I babysat were gone as soon as they salvaged what they could from their wrecked houses.

Someone hung a huge found teddy bear from a noose that month with
a sign on it that read, "This is what we do to looters".

It felt like my childhood was over that day. Crying or Very sad
Michael J. Moore

Class of 1981

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 was a good year, and a bad year for me. I enjoyed school alot because I was a senior, and being such enjoyed lots of priveledges. I had (and I may need to take out my yearbook on this one) 4 electives. They were all choir. I didn't have to take most of my finals. I was on the student council (true it was as an alternate, but the honor was nice). I was 1st chair for my section in District Choir, and made it to Region as well as Area.

I was also 18, and being forced by the politcal climate to sign up for a draft, which thankfully never happened. I didn't get into the college of my choice, and my parents split up.

Don't get me wrong. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I went through my senior year with blinders on, having fun, bedcause I knew it would be the last time in my life that I could be a kid, before having to join the world of adulthood.

For five months out of that year my life was a blast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Collective Timeline All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: